n July of 2013 when my 11 year old son was diagnosed with stage 4 Hepatoblastoma (liver cancer) I received a lot of nice cards, emails and texts. Many of them stated the same three words: Believe in Miracles! I didn’t want to believe in miracles! I wanted to believe the doctors and the medicines would cure my son. I didn’t need a miracle! Miracles were for people who were hopeless and desperate. I didn’t want to believe my baby was sick enough that we would require an act of God or some other angelic undertaking to make him well. It really bothered me when people told me to “believe in miracles.” And then one day shortly after my son was diagnosed, I walked into a small, peaceful, aromatic office on the corner of National and Barrington and my stance on miraclesslowly began to change. It was there, at the Be Hive of Healing where I began to understand the true meaning of the word “miracle.” My first meeting with Dr. Sadeghi was awe-inspiring. He truly understood what I was going through and what obstacles were ahead of us for Jaxon. He began by drawingJaxon’s blood but quickly informed me that before he could work on Jaxon, he would need to work on me. The mother. He explained the incredibly strong connection between the mother and the child. He explained to me how we were energetically connected and how we can store negative energy in our livers. I had experienced quite a bit of trauma in my 40-something years so it wasn’t hard to believe I was holding on to plenty of unwelcomed negative energy. We would make a plan to begin to remove the energy, focus on the positive and find ways to draw healing energy to Jaxon. Before I went home that afternoon, I stopped in to use therestroom where I noticed dozens of beautiful rocksscattered around the perimeter of the room. They all had beautiful and inspiring words but the one that caught my eye read, “believe in miracles.” And then like a ton of bricks, I realized… thecircumstances of how I got to Dr. Sadeghi was nothing short of…. Well, a miracle. Of the course of the next few months with Dr. Sadeghi by my side, I continued to witness many more miracles…. The most significant miracle of all came on October 11, 2013. It’s the day we received the news that they had found a liver for Jaxon. In a matter of hours, Jax would be receiving his new, beautiful liver. I sent an email blast out to all of our friends to inform them of the news. I, of course, cc’d Dr. S and in return, he replied ALL with the most beautiful prayer for Jaxon. I think every one of my family members must have read the prayer and sentbeautiful white light to our boy because in just a little under 6 hours, Jax was out of recovery and healing like a champ. The doctors did a fabulous job, the nurses were attentive and Jax was out of the hospital in just 10 days. Wow. If that wasn’t a miracle, I don’t know what is. The weeks and months to follow were extremely stressful for me and I would need Dr. S’s constant reminders to “trust the process.” He really helped me release so much fear and anxiety, I don’t think I could have made it throughJaxon’s treatments without his wisdom, knowledge and compassion. In addition to helping me, he also worked onJaxon’s immune system and blended him an amazing foot-bath to detox from the six months of harsh chemotherapy drugs. During one particular treatment for Jaxon, Dr. S informed me that I had such a tight hold on my son that he couldn’t even work on him. He asked to step into the garden and cut the cord from my son. I had to let go and trust! So I sat there and envisioned myself cutting the cord.. trusting the process. Trusting that Jax would be okay. It wasn’t easy to let go and it’s still not… but I am able to cut a little more each day. It’s no surprise, shortly after that incident I was diagnosed with an umbilical hernia! I really did need to cut that cord! About 7 months after Jaxon’s transplant, he was invited to perform at a local art fair so he decided to play piano and sing a song he had written about his cancer experience. As I watched the tears welling in the onlooker’s eyes, I realized I was experiencing, yet another beautiful miracle. Immediately after Jax finished his song, a non-descript woman approached and told me I needed to go look at a particular woman’s artwork, which was for sale at the fair. Without giving it another thought, I walked over and noticed one tiny, tiny painting that stood out more than any other. It read: Believe in Miracles. That tiny little painting is now hanging in my home where it serves as a constant reminder every single day. I truly believe I would have never understood the true meaning of the word ‘miracle’ without stepping foot in that little office on the corner of National and Barrington. And on October 11th…. We will celebrate Jaxon’s one yeartransplant anniversary. A miraculous day, indeed.